Description of Programs/Offerings
- Standards Based Learning System
- Readers and Writers Workshop
- National Science Foundation hands-on curriculum at all grade levels
- Math in Focus curriculum at all grade levels
- Full Day Kindergarten
- Reading Buddies and Peer Tutors
- Challenging all students through open-ended projects including technology, research, focus on standards, art, literacy and more. All projects are open-ended allowing greater challenge for all.
- Physical Education
- ESL Program & Learning Assistance Program
- Special Education Resource teacher for students with learning disabilities
- Special Education Behavior Intervention Services
- Reading is Fundamental, Global Reading Challenge and Young Authors
- Improved teacher-to-student ratios through use of math and reading specialists.
- Constellations: Multi-age groups that meet regularly to foster supportive relationships across grade levels.
- Student Intervention and Academic Teams – Multi Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
Enrichment and After-School Programs:
- Kids Club before & after-school childcare (not affiliated with Stevens Elementary)
- Cultural Themes at each grade level
- Outdoor Education (Grade 5)
- Vocal/Instrumental Music
- After-school Tutoring and Extended Day Enrichment Program
- Translation services (Spanish and Somali)
- Team Read